- As a public school division, we are here to improve learning for ALL students.
- We serve the learning needs of more than 7,400 students in preschool through grade 12 and employ approximately 750 teachers and support staff.
- We are located on the City of Calgary’s southern border within the M.D. of Foothills — encompassing the Towns of Okotoks, High River, Black Diamond and Turner Valley, as well as the communities served by our Blackie, Cayley, Heritage Heights, Longview, Millarville and Red Deer Lake schools.
- We operate 19 public schools, three open campus locations providing academic and behavioural support programs and three Hutterite Colony schools.
- We are committed to academic excellence and developing the WHOLE child. Our students consistently achieve outstanding results in all areas of education – academics, the arts, athletics and career and technology instruction. Together with strong character education, we believe these are equally important contributors to the overall development and future employability of our students.
For more information about Foothills School Division, please see our Fact Sheet
Our Vision for Leading and Supporting Learning guides the efforts of our staff to improve learning for all students. The graphic below illustrates our focus on improving learning for ALL students by immersing them in an environment that promotes healthy relationships among all stakeholders and commits to intellectually engaging each learner. We strive to leverage the research in education to advance best teaching practice in the following areas:
- Understanding and implementing the curriculum;
- Embedding quality assessment;
- Infusing technology effectively into our programs; and
- Ensuring a systemic response to intervention when students need assistance.
Communications & Events Manager