Foothills School Division is divided into five wards bordering the south side of the City of Calgary. One school trustee is elected to represent each of these five wards.
Board of Trustees (left to right): Doug Gardner; Vice-Chair Laurie Copland; Chair Diana Froc; Christine Pretty and Jerry Muelaner
Board of Trustees Mission Statement
The Board will:
- Support student learning by speaking with an informed voice on behalf of public education;
- Establish a clear sense of vision based upon community values, beliefs and expectations. Board goals, plans and policies will enable others to meet these common purposes;
- Meet its responsibility as a policy and decision maker through dialogue with community members;
- Support innovation and change through policy development, resource allocation, building relationships and sustaining initiatives; and
- Be held publicly accountable by ensuring appropriate systems of evaluation lead to continuous improvement.