Excellence in Supporting Student Success Award
Foothills School Division is now accepting nominations for the Excellence in Supporting Student Success Award.
Who is eligible for the award?
All support staff employed by Foothills School Division who exemplify the division’s Mission Statement in their work with or in support of students. This award complements our Excellence in Teaching Award. “Support staff” is defined as any individual employed by the division who is not a teacher or school administrator ( principal or vice-principal) – e.g. Educational Assistant, Family School Liaison Counselor, Youth Development Counselor, Library Facilitator, Bus Driver, Maintenance Technician, Office Administrator, Data/Tech Facilitator, etc.
Who can nominate?
Employees of Foothills School Division AND members of the community (e.g. – students, parents/guardians, school volunteers, etc.) who would like to recognize a member of the division’s support staff.
What is the process?
- Nominators must complete the Nomination Form and forward it to the Principal of the relevant school, via e-mail scan or fax prior to May 1st.
- The Principal/Site Supervisor will review nominations and select a maximum of two submissions to be advanced to Division Office.
- Final approval will be made by the Superintendent of Schools.
The employee (as applicable, based on their position):
- Demonstrates a strong belief that every student can learn and succeed
- Shows an outstanding commitment to supporting students
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness in supporting students as part of a supportive and collaborative team
- Has a positive, helpful and caring attitude
- Shows a strong commitment to a safe and supportive learning environment and to students’ social and emotional needs
- Demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning and/or encourages the desire to learn, and is a positive role model for others
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and make informed decisions in the best interests of students’ learning needs
- Demonstrates strong team player qualities (leader among peers, supportive and respected by colleagues)
- Shows flexibility by considering different viewpoints, performing under pressure, and dealing effectively with challenging situations
- Is a strong ambassador of Foothills School Division and their current school/department/office, enjoys their work and speaks highly of their school/office, staff and community
- Is motivated and strives for excellence Consistently brings out the best in others, and is someone from whom others seek guidance and advice
- Must not have been a recipient of the award in the past 5 years.
How will award recipients be selected?
Principals will receive nomination forms and forward their recommendation (maximum of 2) to Division Office for review and approval by the Superintendent of Schools. Recipients will be recognized during a special award presentation at the first Board meeting in June each year.