Okotoks Area Boundary Review
Following a ten-month review, which included consulting with families and communities, the Board of Trustees has approved changes to the Foothills School Division attendance boundaries. These changes come into effect on August 31, 2019. The boundary review affected all Okotoks and DeWinton area elementary and junior high schools as we prepare to open Meadow Ridge School in September 2019.
This maps allows you to search and locate your address. Click the on the top right corner of the map and then the on the top left corner. Type your address and select enter.
For high resolution PDF files you may access:
- In-Town Elementary Attendance Areas
- Out of Town Elementary Attendance Areas
- Junior High Attendance Areas
We understand that for various needs some families may prefer to send their child to a location outside their designated school attendance boundary. In order to facilitate a School of Choice request we require families to review Administrative Procedure 305 and submit their application no later than March 31, 2019.
Parents must submit Form 1a for Foothills School Division students seeking to attend a Foothills School outside their attendance area school.
Parents of students from outside Foothills School Division must submit Form 1b.
Please complete PART A: and email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the March 31, 2019 deadline. As we anticipate a higher number of families requesting a School of Choice option this year, Division Office staff will be reviewing all applications. Families will be notified by email no later than April 15, 2019 if their application has been successful.
Please be aware:
- Students that are accepted to attend a School of Choice do not reapply annually. Students may continue to attend the school until they transition out of that location.
- Students should not expect to automatically transition to the school that the out of attendance area school feeds into. An application must be submitted as outlined in Administrative Procedure 305 when changing school locations.
- Students are not eligible for no-fee transportation. Families may apply for user-pay services after receiving School of Choice approval.
Students attending specialized programs including French Immersion, Global Sports Academy, and Montessori will continue to remain at their current school location and are not required to submit a School of Choice application.
The Board has approved opening Meadow Ridge School in September 2019 with a K-8 Grade configuration. This will allow students entering Grade 9 to remain at their current school, limiting the number of moves a student will experience. Opening as a Grade K-8 configuration is also being considered as it allows Meadow Ridge School the necessary Junior High numbers to support optional courses, sports, and extracurricular activities before transitioning to a K-9 school in the 2020-2021 school year.
PLEASE NOTE: All school names starting with École offer BOTH English and French Immersion programming.
- Big Rock School (K-6)
- Dr. Morris Gibson School (K-6)
- École Percy Pegler School (K-6)
- Westmount School (K-9)
- École Okotoks Junior High School (7-9)
- École Secondaire Foothills Composite High School / Alberta High School of Fine Arts (10-12)
Okotoks Area Schools
High River Schools
- École Joe Clark School (K-5)
- Spitzee Elementary School (K-5)
- École Senator Riley Middle School (6-8)
- École Secondaire Highwood High School (9-12)
High River Area Schools
High Country Schools
- C. Ian McLaren School (K-6), Black Diamond
- Turner Valley School (K-6), Turner Valley
- Longview School (K-6), Longview
- Millarville Community School (K-8), Millarville
- Oilfields School (7-12), Black Diamond
We are pleased to share the Boundary Review process, details, and information with you.
Candace Denison, Communications & Public Relations Manager