Okotoks Area Boundary Review
An attendance boundary review is now complete for all Okotoks and DeWinton area elementary and junior high schools. We appreciate your input and the opportunity to openly communicate our process and timelines with you.
The Boundary Review process is now complete following the timeline included below:
- February 2018 - Background information being prepared with the breakdown of students residing in each neighborhood, community or boundary.
- May 2018 - Initial Public Meeting at Dr. Morris Gibson School (7:00pm) to outline process and expectations for school families and public to boundary review.
- September 2018 - Boundary Review Committee Formed to gather feedback and recommend options for Board of Trustees to consider. The committee will provide an opportunity for individuals to send in recommendations and comments.
- November 2018 - Report to the Board of Trustees with available options. A Letter to Families was sent to parents / guardians.
- December 2018 - Board approves proposed boundaries "in principle".
- January 2019 - Public Meeting for feedback on board approved options.
- February 2019 - Public feedback was compiled and shared. Complete reports can be found at: Boundary Feedback, Grade Configuration Feedback, and Community Meeting Feedback.
- March 2019 - Board Approves Final Okotoks Area Boundary with information from the March 6, 2019 Board Report.
For more information regarding the boundary process, please contact:
Monica Kohlhammer, Director of Planning