School Relaunch Committee
Foothills School Division has created a School Relaunch Committee to provide opportunities for voice in planning to all stakeholders. The purpose of the committee is to make recommendations guided by a focus on student and staff safety, innovation/creativity and maintaining strong connections that will help division and school leaders plan and implement a safe, efficient, and equitable return to school for all staff, students, and the Foothills community.
2020-21 Relaunch Steering Committee Members:
- Chris Fuzessy - Superintendent of Schools
- Drew Chipman - Secretary Treasurer / Assistant Superintendent Corporate Services
- Caroline Roberts - Assistant Superintendent Learning Services
- Allen Davidson - Assistant Superintendent Employee Services
- Candace Denison - Communications & PR Manager
- Dave Barton - Risk and Materials Manager
Board of Trustees:
- Larry Albrecht - Board Chair
- Theresa Letendre - Vice-Chair
- Glenn Gibson - Millarville Community School
- Phil Irwin - Cayley School
- Sarah Clark - Ecole Joe Clark School
- Vince Hunter - Ecole Secondaire Foothills Composite High School
- Mike Horembala - Ecole Secondaire Highwood High School
School Council Members:
- Jackie Heuver - Council of School Councils (COSC)
- Laurie Wright - Ecole Percy Pegler School
- Robert Kavanagh - Longview School
- Jenny Jones - Ecole Secondaire Highwood High School
- Charity Tegler - First Nations, Metis, and Inuit (FNMI) Success Coach
- Jean Rae - Exempt Staff
- Mike Deurbrouck - Alberta Teachers Association (ATA)
- Linda Jones - Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
Wellness & Wellbeing Team - This team will be led by the Assistant Superintendent of Employee Services. This team will consider essential questions, considerations, and actions to keep staff and students safe and healthy for both physical and mental wellbeing. The team's recommendations will align with the goals and strategies of the Foothills School Division Education Plan.
Instruction & Learning Team - This team will be led by the Assistant Superintendent of Learning Services. The team will consider essential questions, considerations, and actions to achieve a comprehensive understanding of students’ academic needs when they return to school and to plan effectively to transition back to instruction in the classroom. The team’s recommendations will align with the goals and strategies of the Foothills School Division Education Plan.
Corporate (Facilities, Technology and Transportation) Team - This team will be led by the Assistant Superintendent of Corporate Services. The team will consider essential questions, considerations, and actions necessary to ensure division and school assets are, and remain, safe for students and staff. The team will also consider essential questions, considerations, and actions to ensure technology infrastructure, assets, and guidance support an organized transition to classroom instruction. The team’s recommendations will align with the goals and strategies of the Foothills School Division Education Plan.
The Executive Team will consult with the Board of Trustees, the Foothills Administrators Association (FAA), FSD’s 4 unions and associations, as well as exempt staff on the recommendations received to further inform School Relaunch Committee discussions.
For any questions on the 2020-21 School Relaunch Committee, please contact email@example.com.