Online Summer School for Grade 10-12 students
The Foothills School Division has summer school opportunities available for students. Summer School is a great opportunity for you to catch up, keep up, or get ahead!
Summer School Dates: Friday July 2, 2021 - Friday July 30, 2021
Students wishing to continue their High School learning this July may register for one course within the areas of:
- English Language Arts
- Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Physics)
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
What to expect:
- Summer School is online! Meetings with teachers will be virtually held. In-person learning may be possible by appointment only.
- Courses will be completed using the Moodle Learning Management System for assignments, exams and instructional resources such as instructional videos and Microsoft Teams for video meetings and day to day instruction. To participate in online programming students will need:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A device capable of accessing the internet such as a computer, chrome book, or tablet such as an iPad or Android Tablet.
- A web camera and microphone for video meetings and lessons (your device may already have this built-in).
- A parent supervised quiet space to work.
- Optional Provincial Diploma Examinations are currently scheduled for August 3-11. Schedules are subject to change by Alberta Education at any time. For up-to-date information related to Diploma Exam dates, please check Alberta Education Diploma Exams.
How to Register:
Summer school classes fill up quickly, register early to avoid disappointment!
- Online Registration opens Monday April 26, 2021 and closes Friday June 11, 2021.
- A non-refundable fee of $125 will be charged.
Note: HUB Summer Support will be offered to students who need additional time to complete a second term course. Priority will be given to Grade 12 students who require successful completion for graduation. Please contact your High School Principal to coordinate this support.
Contact Cameron Campos, Summer School Principal
Note: Individual correspondence regarding course information, teacher, and class times will be emailed after registration closes on Friday June 11, 2021.