Board Highlights - June 5
The Board acknowledges the traditional territories of the peoples of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
Presentation: Distributed Learning
Doug Stevens, Director of Distributed Learning provided a synopsis of the work currently being done in the area of distributed learning. His presentation covered: Data Driven Decision-making and Capacity Building; Assessment, Grading and Reporting Software; Counselling and Career Planning; Curriculum Support – CTS/CTF/Mathematics; and Capacity Building Around the Purposeful Infusion of Technology.
The Board approved changes to last meeting’s Capital Project Approvals:
- Repave Asphalt at Highwood Parking Lot from increased from $400,000 to $575,000.
- Added $76,000 to create an accessible ramp to the bleachers at Ecole Secondaire Foothills Composite High School.
Summary of Suspensions
Assistant Superintendent Caroline Roberts provided a synopsis of suspensions in Foothills School Division for 2018-2019 which shows a decrease from the previous year.
Public Announcements / Recognition / Division Highlights
- FIT Meet at ESFCHS/AHSFA was outstanding with amazing support from the Grade 12 students as well as the Dawgs and Oilers teams.
- Trustees and the Executive Team are currently attending many year-end events, drama productions, band concerts, sports days and graduations throughout the Division. Gratitude is extended to everyone involved in the planning and execution of these amazing events.
- Ecole Secondaire Highwood High School Senior Symphonic Band earned a Gold Award while the Junior Concert Band earned Silver for their performances at the Alberta Band Association Provincial Festival of Bands – congratulations!
- Congratulations to three Foothills students who travelled to Halifax to compete in the Skills Canada National 2019 Competition.
- Anna Koehler – Baking – Silver
- Julie Hayward – Graphic Design – Bronze
- Mac Simmonds – Carpentry – Fourth place