Board Highlights - September 4
The Board acknowledges the traditional territories of the peoples of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
Presentation: Staff Learning
Director of Staff Learning Cynthia Glaicar presented on upcoming initiatives to advance System-Wide structures, systems, and conditions that support reflective and collaborative learning.
Policy 12 Role of the Superintendent
Policy 12 - Role of the Superintendent was reviewed by the Board posted for feedback on June 19, 2019. It was accepted for final reading as amended.
Policy 8 Board Committees
The Board accepted Policy 8 – Board Committees for final reading.
Policy 1 Division Foundational Statements
The Board reviewed the 1st reading of Policy 1 – Division Foundational Statements. The final reading will be scheduled for 8 weeks from today’s date.
Board Annual Work Plan
The Annual Work Plan for the 2019-2020 school year was reviewed and approved.
Policy Review Schedule
The Policy Review Schedule for the 2019-2020 school year was reviewed and approved.
Process / Timelines for the Refinement of the Three-Year Plan
The Board of Trustees approved the processes and timelines for the Foothills School Division Three Year Plan.
Public Announcements / Recognition / Division Highlights
- Thank you to the Foothills School Division facilities and maintenance teams for their tremendous work over the summer in upgrading our facilities.
- Congratulations to our Summer School staff and students for another successful month of learning.
- Thank you to the community for supporting Meadow Ridge School during their Open House and Community Day.
- Appreciation to all the volunteers who were involved in back to school activities and celebrations.
- Thank you to all those who participated in the Foothills School Division Opening Day.