Community Update - June 16
Thank you for partnering with us in your child's education. We recognize that our families are busy, we'll be providing a summary of relevant information every two weeks to help. Here are some items that you may have missed:
- For all FSD Students Kindergarten to Grade 12:
- Final Learning Plans sent home (For two week period): Monday, June 8
- Final Day of Learning and Assessments: Friday, June 19
- Learner Profiles sent home: Wednesday, June 24 & Thursday, June 25
- The Board of Trustees approved the 2020-21 Budget and the 2020-23 3-year Education Plan.
- The Foothills School Division Relaunch Committee continues to meet. We are committed to keeping this page updated with relevant information related to our work on 2020-21 school relaunch plans.
- The FSD 2020-21 School Relaunch Handbook is now available online.
- The latest Superintendent Update is available on our website.
- Our Thought Exchange on School Relaunch is active, don’t forget to participate prior to the June 17 (12 noon) deadline. You may also view the results online.
- Updates were made to the staff, parent, and student learning links.
- Alberta Education provided an update on student learning and school relaunch engagement.
- The Alberta Government has proposed new legislation to address the health harms of smoking and vaping.
- The Alberta Government has expanded mental health supports.
- Bill 15, the Choice in Education Act was introduced. If passed, the bill will amend the Education Act and come into force on September 1, 2020.