Flexible Learning in Foothills
Thinking of making a change to your child’s learning method? Don’t forget these important dates!
HUB@Home → In-Person
• An email will be sent to families Dec 2, 2020
• Online form submitted by Dec 7, 2020
• Your first day of in-person learning will be Feb 1, 2021
In-Person → HUB@Home
• An email will be sent to families Dec 7, 2020
• Info sessions will be held Dec 9 & 10, 2020
• Online form submitted by Dec 15, 2020
• Your first day of online learning will be Feb 1, 2021
Whatever your choice as a family, we look forward to continuing to provide you with a caring, safe, and quality learning environment.
In addition to our rich classroom experiences, Foothills offers a variety of flexible programming options to our families.
Hub@Home (Grades 1-12)
Beginning September 2020, the Foothills School Division Hub Program is expanding to offer online programming from Grades 1 to 12. Hub@Home is designed for students who are interested in learning from home, need greater flexibility in pacing, when they access their learning and where they learn. Students remain connected to their school and will access resources and teacher support through the Hub@Home program.
If you would like to know more or would like to access Hub programming for your child, please visit this webpage or speak to your school principal.
The Hub (Grades 10-12)
The Hub is a blended learning program that exists within our current High School Structure. It provides students with the flexibility of online programming with the face to face support of the regular classroom. We currently offer 38 High School courses including High School Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies, English and Calm. We also offer programming in Physical Education, and General and Personal Psychology.
If you would like to know more about The Hub, please speak to your school counsellor.
Both The Hub and Hub@Home use the Moodle Learning Management system. To participate in online programming students will need:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A device capable of accessing the internet such as a computer, chrome book, or tablet such as an iPad or Android Tablet.
- A web camera for video meetings and lessons (most devices come with these).
- A parent supervised quiet space to work.
A parent may choose to design and facilitate a home education program for their child as outlined in Section 20 of the Education Act. Parents wishing to pursue this option are encouraged to contact the Principal of Cameron Crossing School for further information at:
Home education in Foothills School Division is governed by Administrative Procedure 231 - Home Education.
Inquiries About Foothills Flexible Learning, contact:
Director of Student Learning 7-12