Alberta Curriculum Development Survey
UPDATE: May 15, 2017
As Alberta Education continues its development of provincial curriculum families are once again being invited to provide their reflections through an online survey. We encourage parents in our school communities to get involved and have their voices heard.
The survey is available between May 15 – June 2 at http://curriculumsurvey.alberta.ca and divided into two parts:
- Part A gives Albertans an opportunity to provide general feedback on what students will learn (scope) and when they will learn it (sequence). These questions are organized by specific subjects. It may take less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Part B allows Albertans to provide detailed feedback on the individual draft subject introductions and draft scope and sequences. These questions are organized by specific subjects. It may take more than one hour to complete.
UPDATE: April 13, 2017 - A summary of responses is now available on the Alberta Education website.
Targeted Timelines for Provincial Curriculum Development:
• Grades Kindergarten–4, December 2018
• Grades 5–8, December 2019
• Grades 9–10 (3 subject areas), December 2020
• Grades 9–10 (3 subject areas) + 11–12 (3 subject areas), December 2021
• Grades 11–12 (3 subject areas), December 2022
October 20, 2016 - The Alberta Education curriculum survey is now live. Follow this link and have your say today.
This survey is one piece of information that will be considered by curriculum developers when decisions are made about the content of future curriculum. Alberta Education will also be looking at research, what other jurisdictions from around the world are doing, and holding focused face-to-face discussions with a cross-section of Albertans.