Black Diamond / Turner Valley
Red Deer Lake
September 6, 2017 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm September 20, 2017 in High River.
- approved Policy 7 - Board Operations (final reading) as presented.
- Annual Work Plan for the 2017-18 school year was approved as presented.
- approved the Policy Review Schedule as presented.
- accepts Administrative Procedure 506 - School Fees and confirms it meets the requirements set by the Minister of Education.
- designated Pamela Rannelli as Acting Superintendent for the 2017/18 school year in the absence of the Superintendent of Schools.
- appointed Jeannine Tucker to the position of Vice-Chair.
- accepted the first reading of Policy 14 - Hearings on Teacher Transfers as presented.
- extended their thanks to the Facility Services team for their excellent grounds work done during the summer months.
- thanked the Town of High River for their accommodation during the Spitzee bus area installation.
- thanked Farm Credit Canada for their generous donation to nutrition programs in Blackie and Cayley schools.
- read a thank you letter from the University of Calgary, expressing their gratitude to Mr. Bailey for his lectures to education students.