Black Diamond / Turner Valley
Red Deer Lake
November 22, 2017 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm December 6, 2017 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- appointed Trustee William Young as their Teachers' Employer Bargaining Association (TEBA) Representative.
- approved the submission for modular classrooms as presented.
- approved the Memorandum of Agreement reached with CUPE 5040.
- received an update on Learning Services from Assistant Superintendent Pamela Rannelli.
- expressed gratitude to the volunteers who work across the Division to bring a variety of programs to FSD students.
- expressed their appreciation to the organizers and participants of the Jazz Night involving Westmount School, Ecole Secondaire Highwood High School, and Ecole Secondaire Foothills Composite High School.
- appreciated the enthusiasm of parents/guardians participating in their school council meetings and are looking forward to being involved with these dedicated groups.
- expressed congratulations to the teachers and students for the Cayley School's Tricksters performance.
- thanked the Executive Team for their assistance with orientation during the start of their term.