December 6, 2017 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm December 20, 2017 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis National of Alberta Region 3.
- declared that Jeannine Tucker was disqualified from remaining on the Board of Trustees owing to a pecuniary interest and that ward 1 of the Board be declared vacant.
- appointed Trustee Theresa Letendre as Vice-Chair.
- approved the 2017-2020 Annual Education Results Report / Three Year Annual Education Plan.
- approved the transfers to reserves for the 2016-17 school year.
- approved the Audited Financial Statements for the 2016-17 school year.
- approved the change to adjust the CPIP allocation.
- received an update on Capital Projects from Director of Planning, Monica Kohlhammer.
- expressed gratitude to Sam Jingfors for his Digital Awareness presentation at Ecole Okotoks Junior High School.
- expressed their congratulations to all involved in the Red Deer Lake 150 Acts of Participaction.
- expressed congratulations to Jay Langager, a team member of Foothills Composite High School, on being appointed one of Lethbridges top 10 Alumni Athletes.
- expressed thanks to Linda Longson, current star of the Great Canadian Baking Show and FSD employee, for sharing her experiences in the classroom with our students.