Black Diamond / Turner Valley
Red Deer Lake
March 21, 2018 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm April 11, 2018 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- received an update from Principal Glenn Gibson and Vice-Principal Karla Davis on the Millarville Community School Education Plan.
- received an update from Director of Professional Development, Rebecca Forchuk.
- moved to accept the first reading of Policy 13 - Appeals & Hearings Regarding Student Matters.
- moved to accept the 2018 Capital Plan as presented.
- moved to approve the Board Meeting Schedule for the 2018-2019 as presented.
- received a Capital Update from Director of Planning, Monica Kohlhammer.
- commended our transportation and facility services department on their efforts to ensure student safety remained a priority during recent snow storms.
- thanked all the Guest Teachers who attended our recent appreciation event.