April 25, 2018 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm May 9, 2018 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- received an update from Principal Scott Carey and Vice-Principal Jill Alexander on the Big Rock School Education Plan.
- received an update from Behaviour Learning Facilitator, Sherry Opas.
- moved to support the recommendation of Administration in postponing the implementation of a Late French Immersion Program for grade 5 in Okotoks. Further, the Board directs the Superintendent to develop and implement an information and communications plan to endeavor to establish a late French Immersion program (grade 5) in Okotoks to begin in September 2019 should numbers for enrolled students meet the criteria as established by the Superintendent.
- moved to approve the Memorandum of Agreement with the Alberta Teachers’ Association Local #16 for the 2016/2017 school year as presented.
- received a Capital Update from Director of Planning, Monica Kohlhammer.
- expressed thanks to the Western Wheel for their recent article raising awareness of autism and aspergers during World Autism Awareness month.
- expressed congratulations to Highwood High School students on qualifying for badminton zones.
- expressed thanks to the staff for overseeing a successful 2018 Young Authors’ Conference.
- expressed gratitude to the Foothills School Division staff celebrating Administrative Professionals Day.