May 9, 2018 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm May 23, 2018 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- received an update from Director of Transportation Wanda Le Roux.
- received an update from Director of Facility Services, Rob Ladd.
- were introduced to our new Director of Staff Learning, Cynthia Glaicar.
- moved to change of start time of the June 6, 2018 Regular Board Meeting to 1:30pm to accomodate the reognition lunch with Foothills School Division award recipients and nominees.
- moved to accept Policy 7 - Board Operations as presented.
- received as information changes to AP162 - Smoke-Free Environment and AP554 - Class IV Licensing.
- expressed congratulations to C. Ian McLaren school council for their support of students attending the provincial music festival.
- recognized Caroline Roberts, Administrator of Oilfields High School, for receiving the Distinguished Leadership Award.
- expressed congratulations to Highwood High School for their recent “Footloose” musical production.
- expressed congratulations to the Millarville Grade 5’s on raising a new teepee with the assistance of the Tsuu T’ina First Nation.
- expressed congratulations to three Oilfields students who recently went to the Swedish Curling Championships and won gold.
- recognized the recent announcement that Foothills School Division has been selected as a top 10 School Division in Canada to watch on social media.