Board Meeting Highlights - September 5, 2018
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:30pm September 19, 2018 in High River.
- The Board acknowledged the traditional territories of the peoples of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- The Board of Trustees endorsed the Calgary Board of Education’s application to transfer the City of Calgary neighborhoods of Belmont and Yorkville to the Calgary Board of Education for education purposes.
- The Board moved to proceed with a by-election for Ward 1. Nomination Day to be scheduled for September 24, 2018 with Election Day to follow on October 22, 2018.
- The Board moved to approve changes to the compensation for its non-unionized employees.
- The Board received a Capital Update from Drew Chipman, Assistant Superintendent Corporate Services.
- A summary of Out of School suspensions was reviewed by the Board. The supports and work of our Administrators and Inclusive Education team was acknowledged. The trend of Out of School suspensions in Foothills School Division continues to show a decrease.
- A list of members for the Okotoks Boundary Review Committee was shared with the Board and it is anticipated that this committee will be established by the end of September.
- The Board received information on the updated Reciprocal Use Agreement (Indoor & Outdoor) – Town of Okotoks. The Town of Okotoks handles all bookings for Foothills School Division and Christ the Redeemer Catholic School Division for both schools and grounds.
- Board Chair Larry Albrecht provided a synopsis of the Superintendent Search process. The consultant, when hired, will involve the community in developing a candidate profile as the Board wants to ensure that the recruitment process is successful.